Where do you turn for HELP?

There are human and civil rights commissions all over the country to help you if you have been discriminated against.

If you are not from Iowa, or if the discrimination occurred outside the state of Iowa, you need to locate the correct

If you want more information about discrimination and your civil rights you can visit the United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division website or you can visit the State of Iowa's Civil Rights Commission website.

If you want to file a complaint and are from Iowa you can look up your local commission. If there is no local agency you may file the complaint with the State of Iowa, just follow their instructions

If you have been discriminated against contact someone immediately! You only have 300 days from the time of the incident to file a complaint, so don't wait too long. Discrimination is illegal and you deserve to have your rights respected.